Wednesday 15 July 2015

NEGOTIATING MORALS

Pull me.........  then push me away
It's like you want me to figure out
which way the door needs to be open
Then I let my heart beat,
rhythmically to your dance
An soon the resonance
will tear us apart...together

I let your body haunt mine
Then you accuse me,
of tending to the past
Its like you want me to need you  less, the you'll want more, because
Year after year I stumble upon the Kudu lily,
that Cassandra made the crowning thorns of your diadem

Even after all these years
You still stuff my letters in the attic
I see how you change
the pronouns in your pieces
Making bad edits

So now grab a seat and relax
Lemmi teach you
To fearlessly explore the strange
Like the earthquake
Of February the 13th
Lemmi teach you to love
a girl like me

Strong tongue
Steady fingers that
Delicately
Intricately
Licence my body to kiss your soul
As your robe drops to your bare thighs

Let me hold you by your neck
Choke you,then mince my words
That they'd slowly slide down,
down your throat
to the core of your stubborn heart

Let's put this on the porch
And entertain those who
Politicise the significance of sex
Let us re- negotiate our morals
Pull me.....then push me away

No comments:

Post a Comment