Friday 24 July 2015

Small talk

Am quietly taking out my laundry because just recently my master asked if I used Dior
That would have instantly made me a thief right?

My bank manager asked me to authenticate my signature because my credit card was swiped in the wrong places
That couldn't have been you at the strip club right?

My momma just spanked my nephew for having a cigarette butt  in his hands
I told you to stop taking things from strangers, didn't I?

Old MacDonald just sold his animal farm
Reason why kids now sing about the coco farm?

Small talk,

Small talk when counting
sugar spoons for my coffee
Small talk when choosing ingredients for my muffin
Small, when choosing the right wood for my coffin

See this whole thing is like a glove
My hands are clean, but the outside
Leaks out dirt and red rust
Better yet,you won't see
my prints on the dust

And yes,
I stole your perfume to cover the ratchet maid odour
I went to the club down town,
apple bees I guess is the name
I mean,eyes are meant to see,aren't they?
Your nephew doesn't take things from strangers
He picked something from from my room,kids can be curious

This is what you live in Augustine,
A place dressed with compassion and hazel eyes
Defy it however you can,and that is not a choice
Keep believing in it,
You live in small talk

2 comments: